Monday, December 31, 2007

9 Days late but worth the wait!


Only moments old
Some very happy boys
One excited Daddy!
Weighing him
Our midwives
About 1 hour old
Our baby boy finally arrived last night...finally. My contractions started at about 3:30 pm to be noticable, our midwife arrived at 4:10 pm to see how I was progressing...4 cm. She left and was back an hour later and he was born at 7:48 PM! Very quick...3 1/2 hours. After having 2 very long births I was so happy to have it quick..that is the way it should be!

His name is McKenon Riley Boyd. He weighed in at 9 pounds 2 ounces and is 23 inches long! He has dark hair and I can't tell if his eyes are brown or blue as they are pretty swollen still.

Here are some pictures from right after he was born. I will post more today with family. My mom, sister, and 2 neices Madeline and Hannah were present for the birth, and of course Drew my amazing support! The boys came in right after.

14 comments:

Deanna Huddle said...

McKenon is beautiful! He looks like his brothers. We are so excited!!!!!

Barb said...

What an amazing wonderful journey!
It was a real privilege to be there to welcome another Boyd boy!
Mom and Dad did great, too. :) McKenon will be a perfect addition to our family!
Ma & Papa

Alissa said...

Yah!!! Congratulations! Welcome, McKenon! Hope to get to meet you soon!!

Luv, Alissa

Log home living said...

McKenon is a very lucky boy to be born into this family!! He definitely looks like he fits already. I love the picture of Cohen with his curious look of wonderment as he eyes the whole scene!! And Lachie looks so excited.
We'll come visit after a few days of rest!!
t and d

Brent and Dayla said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! We are so happy to hear that McKenon is here safe & sound...and quickly, after making you wait so long! So I take it he was born on the 30th...one day shy of arriving on his brother's birthday! Hopefully you have lots of help, as it looks, and you can get your rest. We are very happy for you, Brent, Dayla, & Marissa

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

Yay!!! Congrats!!! Had a voicemail from Justin giving me the heads up ... now if baby Zosel will only come in twice that long, I'll be quite happy! Cheers!! J.

Tidbits from the Country said...

Welcome to the world McKenon! What a beautiful, yes beautful, addition to your adorable family. Congratulations Megan and Drew; he's one lucky fella! I can't wait to "see and touch" him. Hugs, Kim

Traci K said...

Congratulations on the new addition! He's most adorable and I love his name! I agree that the picture of the boys is so cute! Sounds like you'll have plenty of help and hopefully you can get some sleep now. It's been a long haul for you!

Lane and Sylvia said...

Hooray! Congratulations!

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

Congratulations! Welcome, baby McKenon. So glad he is finally here. My girls will not have a shortage of playmates their ages. Loved the pictures.

Randy and Amy said...

How exciting to open your blog and see BABY PICTURES!!! Can't wait to see you.

clara jane said...

all three are super sweet. what an amazing and beautiful experience. congratulations Drew and Megan! love from Clara

Kristen said...

Meg,
CONGRATULATIONS! I just couldn't stand it any longer- I had to know if you had a baby yet or not :) So, I scrounged up your blog address and *voila*! Adorable Baby Boy! He is beautiful and reminded me of (who else) your father. Such nice genes to pass along, I'd say :) So glad your home birth went beautifully and so quickly! AND you got to use the pool. I never got to use mine- you'll have to tell me how you liked it :)

Very happy for you,

Your Cousin, Kris

William said...

Hi Drew Megan and Family

Congratulations with the new baby boy.

Gr. William