Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Time does fly!

Today we had Lachlan's 6-year well-child checkup. I know he has been 6 for almost a month but I sort of feel like I missed it considering his baby brother came 24 hours later and 9 days late! He is such a big boy now. He talked so big to the doctor telling him all about school, his teacher and his brothers. It was cute (I won't tell you how the shots went, however).

Something I read on Renea's blog has been on my mind since I read it "The days are long but the years are short"...so true. I can agree some of the days are long but the years pass so quickly...how have we been married for 12 years and how is Lachlan 6? They are years filled with wonderful memories, but they have passed so quickly!

I have been taking it easy (or trying). It is really hard to take it easy when you have to feed, drive, put to bed etc. every day, all day. I did develop mastitis, which I had not had with Lachlan or Cohen. Not fun (speaking of long days)! Luckily, Mom was there to help again (thanks Mom)! I am feeling better today but still not 100%. Hopefully, I won't get it again, but if so I will be armed with an herbal remedy if I start to feel it come on.

McKenon has been sleeping really well. I realized that he is a very noisy sleeper so once I stopped tending to the noise he has been great. He sleeps 5-6 hours straight, nurses then 3-4 more. No complaints here. A rested woman is a happy woman! I am so enjoying this time with a sweet baby again.

At the zoo last Saturday. It was so cold this was the only picture I took!
Mack 3 weeks old

1 comment:

Traci K said...

Such cute pictures. Oh how I'd love to hold that little one!! They do grow up way too fast! I'm going to be beside myself next year when Jarin starts school! I shall be crying then!