Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Trying to stay warm here...

Well, once again our Northwest weather has thrown me for a loop. It is so cold! Taking Lach to school this morning it was 46 degrees! We had a whopper of a storm last night too...rain, wind, lightning and thunder. Checking the KOMO weather page it said that there has only been one June day so far that has been above 60 degrees...which apparently is a record since 1917...I don't want to beat any more records in this department. My garden is stunted too...everything is just sort of staying the same size except the weeds. Anyway, this is my rant today because it is just a bit discouraging. However, we are suppose to see the sun starting on Thursday, I sure hope so!

Despite the weather things have been really busy. Lachlan's last day of school is Friday. He will hopefully be going to another school next year so he is going to miss all his friends he met this year. He will still be in public school but a program called "Visions" which does mostly what he does now but they apply all the learning with field trips and hands on activities and parents have to be very involved. We had our interview last week, which went fairly well, so I am hoping to hear soon. I can't believe we have a first grader!

Cohen has his last Kindermusik class tomorrow, and he is so excited. He has been going to his music class with his Great Gram and his Grandma. Tomorrow, being the last day, I am going to go and we get to ride the bus around town and then go to the park for a picnic. He asks me everyday when his picnic is going to be. He has absolutely loved his music class (thanks so much Gram and Cath) and my little singer just keeps on singing :).

Mackie has also found his voice this last week. He just started babbling "ba ba ba ba"-so cute. He also continues to drool constantly despite getting his first teeth. Drew and I were able to go on a date on Saturday night and Drew's mom and grandma watched the boys. What a wonderful break it was! We went and walked at Washington Park and then went to dinner...which was incredibly relaxing. Our fine babysitters reported that the kids were great but Mack kept looking around all over for me and when he couldn't find me he would start crying "Ma Ma Ma Ma"! He hasn't been without his Mommy much. It was good for both of us though!

This is longer than I intended. Hope everyone has a great week! Here are some pictures from the last week:
Some pictures from Lach's field trip to the Children's museum...this is Lach in the boat
Lach's good friend Jamillia
This was great fun!
Hard to get too down about the weather when this face greets me in the morning...such a happy boy

3 comments:

Traci K said...

This weather is sure strange stuff this year! Just be glad you're not in Pullman. I saw that they had snow!:) Glad you two got away for an evening! Such cute little smiles from Mack!

Brent and Dayla said...

4795
Megan, I feel your "pain"... I've decided that I REALLY would like some sunshine around here! And when you have a little girl that begs to go swimming every day for the last two weeks, it makes one really want warm weather! Hopefully soon! I would be interested in hearing more about the school you are trying to enroll Lachlan in for next year. Hopefully I can get a chance to talk to you at Milltown. Cute pictures...and just love the one of Mack! Dayla

Naomi said...

Cute pics! Sorry about the weather. Nothing like winter in the middle of summer!