Monday, February 25, 2008

Our week

The big boys seem to be better and McKenon is also getting better. We got the report back last week that he has RSV. The week was worrisome because he was so congested. Drew and I spend many a night peaking over his bassinette to see if he was okay. He had laryngitis horribly. He no longer has a fever, his laryngitis is better, but he has an awful cough. He coughs so hard he throws up...I just feel terrible for him. The cough gets bad at night so Drew and I take turns staying up with him. He doesn't cough as much when he is propped up on our chests. Today I took him in for his 8-week checkup and his lungs were clear. The doctor said probably another week of the cough. He weighed 12lbs 8 oz, 23 3/4 inches long. Despite being sick and not eating as well he is doing great. Drew and I both have a cold but I don't really care as long as the kids are okay.

On the plus side, the weather was beautiful last week. We took a walk everyday. It helped me keep my sanity. We planted some primroses too. Cohen picked the flowers and both the boys helped plant them. It has continued to stay nice which is a bonus after so much rain.
Mack ready for his stroller ride
Lach planting
Cohen's turn

3 comments:

Log home living said...

Oh you do know how to stop and smell the primroses..good for you! This too shall pass, spring will be here and the surf will be up soon!!

the homestead girl said...

Ohh...poor little guy! Glad you're all getting better! I guess illness has one lovely quality-it makes us appreciate good health! Take care!

the homestead girl said...

Ohh...poor little guy! Glad you're all getting better! I guess illness has one lovely quality-it makes us appreciate good health! Take care!