Monday, February 18, 2008

Orcas Trip

Despite continuing to be sick, sick, sick here at the Boyd house we decided to go to Orcas for the 3-day vacation. I took Lachlan and Cohen in on Friday to the doctor before we left. They both have double ear infections (2nd in 4 weeks for both). Lachlan had 103.4 temp yesterday so they felt pretty awful. Cohen was also wheezing at the doctors (I had no idea) so he now has a puffer to use until his lungs clear. I was so glad I took them in! Mack now has his 2nd cold and I am taking him in this afternoon because he seems to have croup. I need to ask what I need to watch for in regards to RSV and pneumonia. We've had this stuff for over 4 weeks now, and I am sure all of you are sick of hearing about it! I am sick of telling about it! Hopefully this week we will all be on the mend!

On a side note, today at the doctor McKenon weighed 12 lbs 9 oz! He's a chunk! Also he is sleeping 6-8 hours a night! The last 2 nights he has slept 8 and 8 1/2 hours! He has croup the doc said and did a treatment for it. They also tested him for a few things that I haven't gotten the results back from.

Here are some pictures from the past week:

"I like to eat" Mack 6 weeks




An early morning view of Mt. Baker from the cabinLachlan flying his kite early in the morning


Smiles-7 weeks old

2 comments:

Brent and Dayla said...

Cute pictures...you can't tell everyone is miserable with colds! I sympathize with you, as having a child that got croup twice last year. Listening to a child trying to breathe with croup is very difficult. Hope ALL are feeling better soon! Now what are you doing, or feeding, Mach that he sleeps so well??!!! It must be pure cream :-) I won't say how long it was before Marissa was sleeping 8 hr. stretches. Take care! Dayla

Traci K said...

Wow! You've had a long winter with the bugs! Looks like you had a good time despite the bugs. Maybe some time away is just what they all need too!:) Mack is a big guy! Looks like he doesn't miss too many meals!:) Cute smiles!