Monday, August 13, 2007

Feeling better...I think!

The last 4 days have been very unpredictable! We missed Milltown Wednesday night because both the boys had fevers. Thursday they were both feeling good so off we went. By evening, Lachlan had the fever again so we went home. Friday Lachlan said he was fine and Cohen was great. Lachlan said his head hurt but that was all. Well halfway through the first meeting it was clear that Lach wasn't feeling well. Drew took him home with 104 temp. When they picked me up at Milltown Lachlan said he had a sore throat. So we took him to the clinic because I was worried about strep. Well, no strep just 104 temp. So..home we went, got a good nights sleep. The next morning (Saturday) everyone was well so off we went again! Saturday was wonderful and we were able to stay the whole day! Then Sunday arrived. Everyone was well again...the illness had clearly passed. We dressed in our best and out the door we went. Halfway through morning meeting Cohen gets SICK! At this point, I just can't believe it. He is green and I thought he was going to start vomitting. Well, right after meeting we head home again. Lachlan stayed with my parents. We got home and he had a high fever and just went to bed. He slept most of the day and all the night and today he looks great-no fever and is happy. I can tell you one thing though I am not holding my breath! My kids are rarely sick so this week has been difficult and not much fun not to mention stressful! I am hoping by Thursday we can get up to Milltown again and I can be more relaxed! Always interesting with kids!
Do these kiddos look sick? These pictures I took this morning...happy as clams!

5 comments:

Traci K said...

Oh dear! Sorry to hear about your "touch and go" convention! We're on the mend, so we'll pack warm and hope the colds stay behind!:)

Nesting Instincts said...

Oh man, Megan, I have been thinking of you for the last 2 days. I am so glad to hear that Coen is feeling fine today. They both surely look great in the pictures! Talon got sick in the night last night....he seems fine today though, so I am holding my breath. I hope it was too much candy or something like that. See you Thursday...HOPEFULLY!! Fingers crossed!! ~Beth

The Read family said...

Wow, what a week you had - roller coaster! Here's to a better week this week! Christina

Brent and Dayla said...

Hi Megan, Long story short, I found your blog due to links from other blogs :-) It was great seeing you at Milltown, and even enjoying some meeting time outside of the tent with our sleeping kiddos. Hope to see you also on Thursday at #2, and may this week be an easier week on the family! I am sure Marissa looks forward to seeing Cohen again :-) Dayla

Boyd Family said...

Dayla,

Thanks-I would love to see your blog-what is the address? It doesn't come up when I click on your name? It was great to see you too. Marissa is so adorable and you are such a good Mommy. I will (hopefully) see you Thursday! The boys seem okay so I am crossing my fingers!