Friday, July 20, 2007

Rain, Rain, go away!

It is really quite hard to believe that it is July 20th! The weatherman is saying this is extremely rare weather for this time of year. It is pouring rain....just pouring. It also rained like this 2 days ago. Very dreary.
On a happy note I had my 18 week appt with the midwife today. It was a fun appt because we went over a lot. It was very fun to talk about the coming ultrasound, planning for the birth etc. I gained 2 lbs. which she was really happy about. With the boys I had gained 4-5 lbs by this time...smile. We also talked a lot about my diet and trying to keep the baby on the average size. We are hoping 7-9 lbs. Basicially this just means very few carbs come the 3rd trimester. Protein and fat are very important but bigger babies tend to really pack it on if Mommy is eating carbs. So I am going to start adjusting now. The baby is measuring right on target at 18 weeks and was nice enough to kick the doppler when she put it on my tummy. I am getting more and more excited about this little one as time goes on. Have I mentioned I am no longer changing any diapers? I am really enjoying this. Cohen has also been dry at night and naps for over a week! Ultrasound is in about 10 days!

I hope everyone else who is in this part of the world is surviving this wonderful weather!
I just took this picture from where I am sitting. You might not be able to tell it is raining but you can see it isn't sunny!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

It isn't so dry on this side of the world either! I've been told that this is the wettest summer they've had in Ireland in a long time...just my luck! = ) Thanks for all your fun comments on my blog...fun to keep in touch a little bit this way anyway!