Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another project done




This is where our pool used to be. For a year it was a huge sandbox for the kids (they will really miss it). We were bound and determined to get the patio done this summer because I was getting SOOOOO tired of cleaning up sand...a little is okay but clogging up the filter of the dryer from the kids clothes was getting a little old. So after debating what to do we decided on flagstones with polymeric sand. Drew did a wonderful job of placing and leveling all the stones, and I think it turned out better than we expected. We decided to put the fireplace in the corner and it should be really fun on summer evenings. Now we just need a table and some chairs...anyone know of any great sales?

3 comments:

Traci K said...

Megan, that looks great!! I'm sure you're glad to have the sand trap gone!:) You're probably in luck as the tables will probably go on sale at the end of the season here soon if they haven't already. Love the fire pit! We've got one of the portable ones and the kids just love to make smores.:)

Log home living said...

Wahoo....looks marvelous. I think I smell s'mores?..or rather feel them as Cohee sticks one to my forehead in his zeal to get it to my cracker!
p.s. How many times can I vote? I think your boys are awfully darling--another would be ok!
Donna

The Read family said...

Your patio looks awesome. Congratulations!