Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall stuff

We've been busy with the remodel of the bathroom (I'll post pictures soon). It should be done in 1-2 weeks and then we will move everything out of our bedroom for new carpet. It will be so nice to have our own bathroom. On a difficult day I think Drew will know where he can find me...with the door locked :). I'm super excited for the boys to have their own space too...sometimes "Mom, open up I gotta pee" gets old when I am trying to shower, do my hair etc.

5 little pumpkins


Lach had his first Reader's Theatre of the year. It was great. He did so well. He's really reading
well!



Cohen is doing great at preschool...he absolutely loves it. I get the question "Mom, do I have school today" everyday. Makes me happy that he has no problem being away from me.

McKenon will be 22 months this week...almost 2! He's super most of the time. Last night, when I put him to bed I was in the kitchen making my weekly grocery list when I heard a thump then a cry. I went in and he had climbed out of his bed! Lach and Cohen never did this so this is new for me. He was sobbing and I hugged him and told him he couldn't climb out of his bed anymore. I don't think he will until he learns he can put his feet on the bottom of the crib...or maybe he just won't try again. Have I ever mentioned he still tastes everything...he's by far my most oral child (see picture below). This last week it was MORTAR from the remodel! I didn't know that he could get to it in the garage...but yep he ate some. I was freaking out because obviously it's not good to eat. Cohen happened to be in the garage with him when it happened so he promptly told me but still I wasn't sure how much he got. He was fine though. Then it was sand from the boys' sandbox in their room...he came out with a blue face...at least I know that is nontoxic. I can't figure out why he eats everything he comes in contact with but I keep hoping he will outgrow it (SOON PLEASE)! Otherwise, he's doing great.
Morning smoothie!

So far we haven't got the H1N1 flu but it is sure going around the schools and Drew's work. Yuck...I for sure don't want this stuff and worry about Drew getting it with his heart condition. I won't fret til there's something to fret about though.
The boys flying kites in the fall wind!

So everything is good...we even got away just the 2 of us. See the next post!

1 comment:

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

I hear you on H1N1 - I'm SOOOO hoping we can avoid it ... sanitizing hands after all of our story time and public playroom visits and hoping for the best! B/c I don't relish the thought of the vaccine, either. Ugh. Stay well!!