Friday, October 10, 2008

Moments to cherish

Lachlan was out of school today so we went hiking. As most of you know I am not one to sit at home on a nice day. The boys were so excited to go to one of our favorite places-Bowman Bay near Deception Pass. Thankfully, they are like their Mommy and Daddy and love to hike around. We only went about 4 miles (round trip), had lunch on a beach and then played a bit on the beach. We had SO much fun and it made me love them a little more. I don't know how many times I heard "I love hiking" and "Mom, look at this". Even though we've hiked many times at Bowman Bay they always find new things to enjoy. I am glad we are instilling in them a love of nature, the ocean, trees, mountains etc. Lachlan also carried a backpack this time. He had to because I was carrying Mack on my back. He did great! Thankfully, he didn't mind and was his normal happy-go-lucky self. Cohen never complained which was so nice, and Mack loves riding in the Ergo carrier so he was happy too. I am still grinning from such a wonderful day. It was great to turn off the radio (and all the doom and gloom) and just enjoy a beautiful fall day and best of all it was FREE!

Tomorrow night: Date night!

Have a great weekend!

Not the greatest picture but the view is the best!

Lachlan took this picture and it would have been great if it wasn't blurry!
My wonderful boys

1 comment:

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

Awesome! Way to go getting your kids out hiking ... I hope to follow suit. We're sure loving this fall weather, too!