Monday, May 19, 2008

The sun shined!

Well, the last 3 days were just beautiful! Wow...such a treat! We enjoyed every moment of it too! Friday was the first day of sun which we spent here with my sis and her little guy, Landon. The boys played in the pool and just enjoyed the sun shining. It was Kaar's b-day so it was fun to just hang out. Saturday was so hot but we had a lot to do here and we took advantage of the good weather. I spent the whole morning on my parent's tractor getting one area ready to seed with grass. It is looking really good and I think we will seed tonight. I moved tons of rocks only to have more rock come up. Drew did some wood cutting-we have tons to cut up. We spent the rest of the day just working but it was really enjoyable with the weather being so nice...the boys played in the pool some more.

Sunday afternoon we went hiking. We went on a 4 mile hike up to Fragrance Lake in B'ham. It was a beautiful hike and we all enjoyed it. We then spent some time at Larrabee Park and then in B'ham and dinner out. What a wonderful way to end the weekend. It is cloudy now, but we have to keep in mind that it is this rain that makes this place so beautiful!

Here are some pictures:






My guys (see Mack's foot)

A little update on McKenon:

Our littlest guy is doing so great. He is such a wonderful baby. He is growing so quickly and changing weekly. He loves his jumperoo and will spend a long time jumping in it. He loves to flirt with everyone and tries to get attention by making a little coughing sound, and then you look over and he just grins. He also rolled over both ways this last week! I was having a really hard time moving him to his crib. We started putting him to bed in his crib about 6 weeks ago and I was really missing him next to me. We decided when he would wake up for his first feeding he would just stay in our room. Well, it just was not working. He would wake and then continue to wake us up about every hour after his long stretch. I was really tired but still not wanting to put him back in his room! I just wanted to savor this time. But last week after waking me up so much I decided he would just have to cry so I started putting him back in his bed after his feed. Well, turns out that is all he needed. He really started sleeping well...I think he was just having normal wakings, and I was tending to him so he would just continue to wake. He never even had to cry because he just woke in his bed and went right back to sleep. He is now going 8 hours straight then 2.5 to 3 more! However, it is a little bitter sweet for me. I miss snuggling him in bed-but I don't miss being awake. I am loving rocking him to sleep in the evening...that fully fed, limp, sleepy baby on my shoulder is just the absolute best feeling in the world...oh how I will miss having more babies! However, they do grow into busy, busy boys!

Here are the latest pictures of our littlest man:
4 1/2 months

I found my feet this week!
I love my jumperoo!

1 comment:

the homestead girl said...

It's so fun to watch Mac grow! We did the same sleep thing as you-Eli was waking up all the time with us, but sleeps really well in his crib. I have to admit, I still bring him into bed with me at 6 when he wakes up...you're right, there is nothing better than snuggling with a warm, sleepy baby!