Friday, November 30, 2007

Full Term!

Well, I am officially considered "full term" as of today! 37 weeks...3 weeks until my due date, but he could come anytime and be just fine. I know he won't come for a while but a girl can wish can't she?

I saw the midwife on Tuesday. Drew was with me which was really fun. This being our 3rd he has gone to no appointments with me (except the ultrasound) so it was fun for him to ask some questions, listen to his heartbeat etc. I am 1 cm dilated, he is very low in my pelvis and he is in the perfect position for birth (of course he could decide to shift). He is also measuring small...around 6 lbs right now! This is very good news for me...the diet is paying off. We are anticipating an 8 lb bouncing baby boy if he is near his due date. Okay, both Lachlan and Cohen were late so he probably will be too...once again I can wish. You all know I won't be induced so hopefully he will be here before the New Year.

I have been in planning/nesting mode for weeks now. I've got all his clothes washed and all the gear out and ready. I have all my holiday cards ready to go next week. I bought all of the stuff I need for Lachlan's birthday party. I have all my packages wrapped for Christmas presents. I've got all Lach's birthday gifts wrapped. I have been baking Christmas cookies to give too. I have also been cleaning out closets, organizing and driving Drew a little crazy with jobs I need him to do. I just know I won't be doing a lot of anything except kiddos for the next few months...one thing I haven't got to is my outside windows...I have good intentions just can't get the energy.

Still exercising although the aches and pains are getting a little worse at times. The pelvis muscles are just really not enjoying anything extra right now...walks are about all I can handle. My hips feel double jointed...midwife says with the 3rd it is always worse. I have a lot of contractions on and off especially when I exercise. I welcome these knowing that it will eventually be the real thing.

I just thought I would give a little update. Expect one each week now until he is born...hope ya don't mind. Here are a couple pictures too of this big pregnant lady!
36 weeks pregnant
Cohen giving his brother a kiss

5 comments:

Randy and Amy said...

You are an amazing woman...I got all those nesting instincts (vacuuming ALL the baseboards the night before Tessa was born) but I only accomplished a fraction of them before I wimped out!

Traci K said...

Can I borrow you for a couple weeks? I need to get a lot of housework done and it sounds like you've got it goin' on girl!:) Glad he's doing so well and we'll keep our fingers crossed for an early arrival!:)

Brent and Dayla said...

Megan, I was going to say the same thing as the previous post...when you run out of things to do we would welcome your help around here :-) We'll hope right along with you that he decides to come before your due date! Love, Dayla

Barb said...

Megan, you look wonderful!!!! I wish Drew would take a picture from the back------you don't even look pregnant. Hope baby will wait just until I get home!!
Love and hugs,
MOM

Mike, Amanda, Dane, and Nora said...

Lookin' good, Megan! It's been a couple of weeks since I checked in on you. Hard to believe that little one is soon to arrive, although it sounds like you're more than ready. Good luck with everything!