Thursday, September 20, 2007

A sort-of funny story

Shortly after I posted the last post the boys and I headed out for our walk. Lachlan riding his bike and me pushing the stroller with Cohen in it. We have quite a few hills around our house and Lachlan loves to push the limits with his bike. Thankfully, we do not have many cars. We started to go down one of the many hills and Lach was speeding along with me calling "watch for cars." Well I should have said "watch for mailboxes." He turned his head going extremely fast and ran SMACK right into a mailbox...dead center. I didn't see it happen but I heard him crying, and I started running...pregnant woman running as fast as she could pushing a stroller. He BROKE the mailbox right off the post and it was nailed on! Mail was everywhere with the mailbox about 5 feet away from the post. Once I figured out nothing was broken on him I went to tell the homeowners. No one home so Drew said he would do it later. Both Lach's hands are hurt, but I think his pride is hurt more. I am just so glad it wasn't a car he hit. Thinking about it actually makes me chuckle...am I a horrible mother?

2 comments:

Deanna Huddle said...

No, you're not a horrible mother - just one that sees the humor in life's trying moments!! I'm sure you'll make your share of emergency room visits! And yes, the pupils are diffent sizes when your son has a concussion!

My pregnant story - I was six months pregnant with Matthew when Brian was burning some brush along the hill - it was drier than he thought and the hill went up with a "whoosh"! So, here I am, lumbering down the driveway towards him, trying to get the hose to him before the whole hill went up!! Or the time a bat got into our bedroom and I'm trying to hide my very pregnant tummy under the covers while Brian is trying to get the bat out.
Life is fun like that, sometimes!

Traci K said...

Oh dear! I'm sure it was a funny sight, but not so funny for Lachlan! Poor guy! Just one for the book when you have boys!:)