Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer Memories

Our boys



The boys and I at Shallow Bay on Sucia Island





Mom, Dad and kids




Drew and the boys took a plane ride on his 36th birthday with our neighbor on Orcas




Lachlan taking sailing lessons




Summer really just started weather-wise but the boys will be back in school next week. I'm excited for them because they are excited but honestly I'm going to miss the little buggers. We've seriously had a wonderful summer even though the weather was less than perfect.


We spend about 4 weeks (not consecutive) out on Orcas. Lachlan took sailing lessons twice, which he LOVED. While Lachlan was sailing Cohen and Mack and I hiked. I cannot believe how well Mack does. He's hiking about 4-6 miles now. It's so fun to do this with them! When Lachlan was done with sailing we would play on the beach all afternoon or swim in the neighbors pool. I just love being with my kids...what a blast. We also spent many days at the beach, taking bike rides and having beach days at home. We also spent a day with my highschool friend Trina and her kids at Lake Cavanaugh. We also camped in our trailer at our annual church convention which was the highlight of our summer! I'm sad to see the summer end but excited for a new school year.



Yesterday we spent a couple hours in the boys' classes. They will be at the same school this year and that will make things easier for me. The boys loved seeing their teachers and some of their friends. Mack will start preschool a couple afternoons a week too. He's excited about that!



Drew is working like a mad man as usual. Running two businesses is keeping him on his toes. We are now doing marine work at Countryside and we were able to get an Evinrude/Johnson boat service dealership! We were thrilled about that. Things are going well on the work front but we could be busier (in terms of business)...come on econemy!


All for now...I will write more in 3-6 months or maybe before!!

No comments: