Thursday, December 30, 2010

9 and 3

Lachlan is 9 as of yesterday and McKenon is 3! I can hardly believe it and time seems to be flying. Yesterday I told Lach that in 9 years he will be applying for college ready to leave the nest. He started crying and said "Mom, I will never leave you"! Oh how on some days I wish that were true, but we all know in 9 short years if we have prepared him right he will be ready and so will I (maybe). He's such a wonderful child and I cannot imagine my kids setting off on their own. Makes me want loads more kids-I will miss these special times with them. I love them to bits.

Mack spent his birthday morning in the ER after jumping off the ladder of the bunk beds last night. His foot is fine and he told me this morning "Mommy, I will never jump off that again I promise" but I just bet he will. It's actually rather amusing to see a 3 year-old crawling everywhere he wants to go. Boys are active and he is no exception. Oh, by the way the foot is fine just a bad sprain. Mack is potty trained as of about a month ago! He's so ready to start swimming lessons in two weeks! That is what really pushed him to finally train-he's so tired of watching his brothers swim! He keeps telling everyone "I'm potty trained and I get to go to swimming lessons".

Winter break has been hard because the kids were sick the entire time. They seem to be better and we are headed to Orcas for a few days! So excited and it looks like the weather will be cold but beautiful!

Wishing you all a very wonderful 2011!

McKenon is 3
Lachlan and all his buddies went to Planet Jupiter
Lachlan and Keegan his good friends since 1st grade

2 comments:

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Ahh! What a fun post to read today! We also have memories of a kid age 3 crawling around for a few weeks after breaking his heel - you got it - jumping off the bunkbed!
Mrs. Hearts

Log home living said...

Loved this post...esp about Lachlin. It is a fast trip with kids but you'll love each new adventure. Well maybe not love each one (ER visits) but you'll be thankful when you get through them! They are keepers those boys of yours!