Wednesday, December 30, 2009

8 & 2

Lachlan turned 8 yesterday...yes 8. I really can hardly believe that 8 years ago today I was holding my 1 day old first baby boy. I had no idea about being a mother-I only knew it was what I wanted so badly for so long. Now, he is not quite so cuddly and I have learned so much. Sometimes I think back to the special time when it was just him and wish I could go back and enjoy it some more. Now I have awesome conversations with him and am amazed at what a respectful, wonderful boy he is! 2 boys have been born since then one 2 years ago today...

I can hardly believe that McKenon is 2! 2 precious years ago my labor was just beginning and went very quickly! My beautiful boy was born here at home and it is such a special memory for me! He's also not quite so cuddly anymore but I can still rock him before bed and he lays his head on my shoulder and we sing. It's precious time that I know will pass quickly, which almost brings tears to my eyes. Soon he'll be 8, Cohen will be 11 and Lachlan will be 14!

So all in all I am so very thankful for my 3 boys. They have taught me to be a mommy and I wouldn't take one moment away that I've had staying home and raising them.

Happy Birthday boys!

2 comments:

Log home living said...

Oh dear. we can hardly believe it either! When we first started coming to your house every Wed., Lachlin was 2~ and NOW--wow..you have a wonderful family. We love all 5 of you. And you are a great "Mom"..I think they are copying big brother. You guys are awesome parents. We're so glad you're in our neighborhood!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Megan,
Yes, cherish the days -they do go quickly. The ages of mine are the ages yours will be in six years - 14, 11, 8. Where has the time gone? It goes so fast that it becomes a blur. Happy Birthday, Boys!! You are PRECIOUS!! Love, M~