Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer

We've had a wonderful summer so far. It has been very busy and so fun. We went up to Orcas the week of the 4th and enjoyed 5 nights with my Mom and Dad. Drew came up Friday and we celebrated his 34th b-day on the 4th. We had a ball the the weather was perfect! I took Lachlan and Cohen hiking one morning while Mom watched McKenon which was really fun too. I took a ton of pictures but will just post a few.
Mom & Dad with Lach and Cohen
34!
Boys at the Parade
Beautiful evening on Orcas
The 3 boys

We got home from Orcas on Sunday night and I left for Lake Chelan on Monday afternoon. Drew's Mom & stepdad have a timeshare there and they were not using it so they asked if we wanted to! Of course, a free 3 bedroom condo for a week? I jumped at the chance to take the boys. I invited my sis along with her kids and off we went. We had a blast. Friday morning Kevin picked us up in their boat and we headed 40 miles up lake to a campground where they were camping all week. My cousin Monty, his wife Jennifer and their two kids were there, my Uncle Doug and his 3 kids were there and Julianne, Kevin and Brielle. It was a gorgeous spot and brought back a lot of mememories from my childhood. We are hoping to go up lake with Julianne and Kevin next summer and stay a little longer (if they will have us!). We tubed, Drew wakeboarded and a wonderful day was had!
Hannah & 18 month old Mack
Kaar & I
Merry-go-round
Love this picture of Drew, Mack & Lach
Julianne and I tubing with Lach & Cohen
Brielle & Mack
All the kids
Doug, Jonathan, Makylee & Caden
Drew and I

Mack turned 18 months a week ago. So hard to believe! He is 25 lbs and 33 inches about the same as the other boys. He's a busy boy but listens most of the time. He sleeps well and loves to go to bed. He stopped nursing last week which seems like a good age. He's just doing great and is almost always fun to be around. He's just learned to really throw rocks and loves it. He talks a lot but sometimes is hard to understand! He loves animals too but hates insects!

Now that we are home for a week or so I am trying the catch up. The garden has grown a ton, and we are having a complete garden meal tonight! The boys love it and were so excited to get home and eat peas, raspberries etc.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

3 comments:

Log home living said...

Great post Megan--we missed you but looks like you had a great time! Loved your pictures...your boys are the cutest!

Marla said...

Seems like I hardly check blogs anymore, but it's fun to see all these pics. Great shot of you and your hubby too!

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

Fun to catch your update ... Mack and Toriana are just clicking along right at the same pace it sounds like - same size at 18 mos ... and I'm expecting nursing to be done pretty soon b/c it's being requested less and less ... although still going to sleep with it at night so not sure how we'll manage a substitute (no pacifier, no thumb, no blankie, no dolly ... ack!) she talks a lot too but we really don't catch many words in all the babble. See you in a few weeks at Milltown!