Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where have we been?

I can't believe it has been so long since I posted last. The weather's been so good I haven't spent much time indoors. We've been digging in the dirt a lot! Mack is loving the time spent outside (he MUST be a Boyd boy)and wants to go out every time the boys are out. It has been nice because I can see them from the kitchen so they are all able to go out while I am making dinner. Lachlan keeps a pretty close eye on Mack so that's nice too!

I have really enjoyed getting the garden going. We've planted quite a bit. Carrots, onions, peas, romaine, spinach, flowers and more to come. I also planted my hanging baskets. Seems this time of year there is always a ton to do outside. This is always a busy time of year at school too. Cohen has his spring program on Thursday and his first piano recital the end of May. Lachlan has field trips every month but this month and next they have 2. Last week we went to CreativiTea in Fairhaven to paint mugs for Mother's day and then to Western's plantatarium. It was a very fun day. We were even able to have a picnic outside...the weather was perfect. I've been spending a lot of time getting ready for the VISIONS (Lach's school program) annual auction and rummage sale. This raises funds for all the extra activities the program gets to do. It is a busy time but next week will be the only week where I will be crazy busy. The boys are also starting another round of 4 week swimming lessons 2 times a week at the Y. They love it-this will be our last month of lessons until next fall.

It seems unbelievable for me that Mack will be 16 months in 2 days! He is doing great. Talking tons and at times running from me! He still loves "doggy" and "da da" but now has added "tacktors" (tractor) to his list of favorite things. He is almost weaned, which is wonderful in so many ways and sad too! I will miss it but he's ready and I am ready for a break and wkend away with Drew...just us.

All for now...here are some pictures from the last month:

Julianne and Brielle came to stay a couple nights
The kids had so much fun!


McKenon in April
Lachlan's class at Western
Cohen is two-wheelin it now!
planting potatoes

3 comments:

Frandsen family said...

Crazy time huh? I'm loving that I can be busy with the kids and the crzyiness of the last weeks of school ... they pack in so many field trips and we've got a walkathon this friday that I've done much volunteering on .. new flowers planted and when do I have spare time ... love it ... Spring is here! Enjoy1

Traci K said...

How lucky you are to have a garden! I've started a few things in containers. Have green onions coming up, so hopefully we'll be enjoying those soon! Spring has sprung!:)

Katie said...

I miss all of you!! And your blog is adorable. See you in about a month!! =)